Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Summer

The end of May and most of June was an exciting time for the kids and I (Justin had to stay behind, unfortunately, due to summer being so crazy with work). We drove to Utah for the first Robinson Family Reunion and stayed for a few weeks after so I could go to the Christ-Centered Energy Healing Conference in Ogden.

My parents were really worried about me making the four day journey by myself with three kids and so they met up with me outside of Denver Colorado and helped me drive the rest of the way to Utah. Their help was DIVINE! They pretty much solidified their spot in heaven for going out of their way to help me out like that. It was nice to be able to split the kids between two cars and to spend good quality time with each of my parents the rest of the way as I would switch between the two cars as well. I didn't even have to drive the last two days!



The family reunion was a BLAST. The last time we had all been together was for my little sisters wedding, which was basically 5 years ago. I absolutely love my family and it did my heart SO GOOD to be with everyone. We rented a huge cabin from Friday night until Wednesday afternoon. It was fun to be in the same space as every body as much as possible, rather than having us all be in different hotels.

After the reunion, the boys and I stayed with my oldest sister, Kristy and her family, for the next couple of weeks. Kyra was invited to go to Arizona with my parents. It was so weird going from 3 to 2 kids but it sure did help out a lot and I know that it was great for Kyra to have quality time her grandparents. I have always wanted for my kids to be able to spend quality time like that with grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins.

We spent time at the Manti swimming pool, drove up to Provo and visited dear friends that I hadn't seen in many years, went to every DI (thrift store) in the entire Salt Lake area to find maternity clothes (and got quite a few LDS books too. Thrift stores in Utah are THE BEST), visited Temple Square and ran into a friend from Kansas whom I haven't seen for a good 8 years, Jamba Juice and just enjoyed time at Kristy's house relaxing.

We drove up to Layton and stayed with Vanessa (Jones) for 4 nights while I attended the Christ-Centered Energy Healing Conference in Ogden (only 15 minutes away from her house). I hadn't seen Vanessa since high school so that was fun to see her again. She was a HUGE BLESSING and I'll forever be thankful that she let us stay at her house and even watched the boys for two of the three days while I was at the conference.

The conference was really good and I am definitely glad that I went. It was fun to hear that "I was the cutest pregnant lady ever" from a few different people. I wish I could have taken ALL of the classes. I was definitely in my element at that conference. I love learning about holistic health/healing!!

Justin flew from Ohio to help us drive back home, which was a nice surprise because I didn't think he'd be able to get off of work. After meeting up with his dad in Layton for breakfast, we made the journey home in two days. TWO DAYS...which is supposed to take four days. It...was...miserable. We had to stop literally every hour so that I could use the restroom. I had to go more than the boys did...combined! I can't complain too much though because Justin drove pretty much the entire way (except for like 5 hours that I did). Justin loves me, no doubt.


We got home Monday morning at 2:30 am. The kids and I drove to the airport to pick up my dad and Kyra. It was so fun to see Kyra again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think the little break was really good for all of us but overall, I am so so so glad that she was able to spend time with my family in Arizona. This was dads first time flying out and visiting so I really enjoyed having him around. Sure can't wait for the time when we live closer to family. Someday.



We went to the pool A LOT this summer. Probably at least 3/4 times a week. It was our first time having a community pool to go to so that was nice and convenient. By the end of the summer (basically a week before William was born), all three kids learned how to swim and they pretty much taught themselves. The more we went the more brave they got at getting away from the edge of the pool. It was so so fun when they finally caught on and could officially swim. I enjoy watching them learning and growing.

Twas a good summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment