Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thumbs up

Let me first start off with saying that 1. this post has been in the making for a LONG time and 2. I only had three hours of sleep last night so just take what I say with a grain of salt (I come from a place of love...well...trying to, anyways).  :)

I completely understand that I own my own feelings and that no body can make me feel anything.

With that being said....

It completely drives me NUTS when people give me the "thumbs up" sign in a facebook/text message (it's along the same line as when people write SURE). I am sure that it is not meant to come across as insensitive but that's how it come across to me...

Examples from real experiences:

-Me: We went to a Josh Groban concert last night!

Friend: Thumbs up sign

-Me: I just experienced the biggest trial in my life and but I am in such a better place now.

Friend: Thumbs up sign.

-Me: Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but I'll work on your session as soon as I can.

Friend: Thumbs up sign.

It's totally deflating.... :(

The feeling I get is that I am not worth taking the time to say a few words to... or it's easier to just "thumbs up" someone than actually have a conversation.

Just my two cents worth for the day.






1 comment:

  1. Good post! If i would know how to make a thumbs up sign i would make it right now:-) I like all the emojis you can put in sentences but not just only the Symbole. I like when you can make the look of what you said nicer with flowers and hearts but when did we start zo only make symbols?

    I guess i have the same Feeling with ok.
    I mean like:
    Me: hey it would be nice to see each other again must have been years!
    Friend: ok
    Me: If you want i can go groceryshopping by my own but if you Need something i Need to know until 12. But if you have time to come with me id be happy
    Friend: ok
    Sheesh is it really so hard to write a WHOLE sentence?
    Love ya
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete