Sunday, February 12, 2017

William has been able to turn from his back onto his stomach for over a month now, and a few days ago he has learned how to pivot around.  It is fun seeing him be more mobile! I have a feeling he'll start trying to move forward within the next month or two. (UPDATE: William is now moving forward!!)
I'm still nursing him 100% (we don't even own a bottle). For the most part, I really do enjoy nursing and hope to nurse him for a long long time. I nursed Max for 19 months so that is my mark to hit.
William has only slept through the night about 3 times... He still doesn't take a pacifier and so **I** get to be his pacifier at night (which is a habit that needs to be nipped in the bud..and QUICK!).
He is doing a little better about not crying all the time when he's not being held but we have a ways to go with that. I am so thankful that Kyra helps me out a lot with him. She is always wanting to hold him. She is a great mommies helper.

We pulled Kyra from school and we are now "home schooling." We are pretty much un-schooling at the moment but we'll figure out a curriculum that works for us. I'm heavily leaning towards Thomas Jefferson Education because I love what it stands for. I ordered the book that goes with it and look forward to reading it. I also ordered Phases of Learning and A Well Trained Mind.  I wish I could just take a month off of life and READ READ READ. Speaking of reading...I read a book last week in 24 hours. I haven't done that in YEARS. I truly feel bad for people who don't like to read. When it comes down to it, there is NOTHING more important than teaching our kids how to follow the Spirit and learn the ways of God.

"No system of education can be perfect which does not teach the principle of righteousness and faith in God. Learning has not saved the world neither can it save it. No man by wisdom ever found God and men may study all their lives and acquire all the knowledge and worldly wisdom that is within the reach of the human mind and yet be utterly destitute to the true knowledge of God. It is of utmost importance that our children should, in the first place, be taught faith in God. This cannot be left out of our system of education. Every child in our midst should be taught how to obtain a knowledge of God, this should be the cornerstone and foundation of ALL education.”--George Q. Cannon


Ethan loves celery. haha! I buy celery every now and then and for the life of me I can't get myself to eat it! I love that it's healthy but I can't eat it...unless I have a ton of peanut butter with it. So it makes me feel really good that Ethan is putting it to good use.
It's so strange to think that Ethan is going to be 6 in May! Ethan doesn't even weigh 40 lbs. I'm a little concerned with how skinny he is but the kid is our best eater. He always eats way more than anybody else does. We have taken our kids to the dentist the past few months and long story short...they ALL have terrible cavities... Ethan has it the worst. He has had to major dentist appointments and the last one he was so terrified that the dentist was not able to do her work that day. He is being scheduled for "surgery", where they will put him to sleep and do the work. Poor kid... it's not wonder why kids don't like the dentist. I am thankful that all of this is happening with their baby teeth and I am thankful that they will get their adult teeth, where we can do better at brushing teeth.

Max is the sweetest. He is ALWAYS telling me that he loves me. He loves to give me "hugs and kisses." Max is always the first to fall asleep at night. He will even put himself to sleep around at times. He is super sick right now. He came down with a flu on Thursday. Still pretty sick today (Sunday) but hopefully he'll be feeling better asap.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment