Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A few weeks ago when we were at the library, I came across a book for sale that completely jumped out at me..."The Power of Motherhood-What the Bible says about Mothers" by Nancy Campbell (who lives in Franklin Tennessee!). I was so excited to purchase it but having to leave the library in quite a hurry due to a certain child only allowed to get 4 books instead of 20... I wasn't able to get it at that time. I was sad because I just knew that it would be snagged up before being able to return again.
Much to my amazement, when we returned a few days later the book was still there. I knew right then and there that that book was MEANT FOR ME! I have deeply struggled with finding the joy in motherhood and my hearts greatest desire is to find and FEEL that joy. "There is a big difference between loving motherhood and loving children. All mothers love their children, but not all mothers love motherhood." TRUE (for me, anyway). I look forward to reading to reading this book and opening up my heart to feel the joy in motherhood. I know that it can and WILL happen but I must first put for the faith and effort into this great work. My kids deserve to have a mother who is nurturing, happy, loving, kind and whom embraces motherhood. They are great kids and they deserve the best!! It's time for me to really step into my role as a mother and have a true partnership with Heavenly Father to help me reach that great potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment