Tuesday, July 17, 2018

I used to really be into blogging...I miss it! I think it was too emotionally exhausting to keep up a blog, especially with all of the moves throughout the years. I just didn't have it in me to explain why we were moving yet again....

With that said...



WE MOVED TO VIRGINIA!! and the best news of all!? WE ARE STAYING HERE a LONG LONG LONG TIME!

How do I know that?!

Because Justin is opening up a pest control company! After working for others it was just time for us to branch out on our own. All roads have pointed to here and now. "God bless the broken road," right?! :) I am very excited and confident that Justin is going to be very successful.


We live close to the ocean. DREAM COME TRUE! The ocean has always been my soul element and I would CRAVE it at times when we didn't live near it and now that we can go WHENEVA we want!? Guh...**happiness.** I think the kids are already starting to get a little burned out with going to the beach so much. Child- "Mom...you want to go to the beach, again!??!" Me- "Um...OF COURSE!" I will say though, going to the beach with five kids by myself can be a little interesting and it's not relaxing *at all.* William is in the toddler stage where I worry about his floaty not really keeping him afloat and Adam just started to learn how to army crawl (as of July 5th 2018-to be exact) and is always trying to eat the sand... oiy!


We downsized a bit with the move but surprisingly I am finding that it's actually really nice. And get this! We have vinyl flooring for the downstairs and I actually LOVE it. For years that would have always been an automatic disqualifier...I've always been a carpet kind of gal. But with William in the toddler stage and always cleaning up poop/pee in the last house (grr!)...I am ALL ABOUT easy clean up! I'm surprised how much I am sweeping every day though... ?? Oh...and my feet are always B-L-A-C-K. I think a good hard scrub is needed on the floors...

I've always been to church two times so far but I have a great feeling that we are going to just LOVE the ward here...because I already do. :-D I look forward to making friends.

After three years of no gym membership, we signed up for a YMCA membership last week and even though we haven't been back since (haha) I think it'll be great for our family. No outdoor pool...huge bummer...but then again we do have the ocean at our fingertips so I can't complain too much.

We live in a very small neighborhood. We are one of a few families with kids... :) We are within walking distance to a park, Chick Fil A (uh oh!) and many other places. After living 20 minutes to ANYWHERE in Tennessee, it's actually really nice to be in the center of town. Oh! We have a FENCED "yard!" Our last place we had a bigger yard but it was a corner house and not fenced... With the stage that William is in, it's nice that he can go outside and I don't have to worry to much about him...other than worrying about SNAKES! Apparently we get them here in the neighborhood?? We saw a black one (not poisonous??) by our front porch and then moved into our back yard... hopefully we don't see too many of those around.

There is SO MUCH HISTORY here. SO MUCH TO LEARN!! Can't wait to sink my teeth into it all!

Even though I'm really sad that we didn't move closer to Arizona/Utah to live near family, I will say that out of all the places we were considering, I am SO thankful that we ended up in Virginia. It's a great place to grow some roots.

Let the adventures begin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment