Sunday, July 23, 2017

1. One thing that I can do this month to increase my spirituality is to READ MY SCRIPTURES.
    Goal: Wake up at 5 am every day (just going to focus on doing that for this next week) and getting
    my time in with the Lord before the kids wake up. My spiritual muscles are in really sad shape.
    Time to kick butt and strengthen those muscles!!

     Julie Beck said, ““The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is
     the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life”

2. If time froze for everyone except for me for one hour, I'd go to a theme park and ride as many             roller coasters as I possibly could. :)

3. A place in my life where I need to do more delegating is with house work. I need to better teach
    my kids to clean up after themselves and to have specific chores each day. I am thinking that just
    simple and small steps would be best right now and then we can grow into doing bigger and more
    things later.
    - At 9 am EVERY MORNING we read our scriptures as a family and pray together.
    - At 7:30 pm EVERY NIGHT we go through the house and do a quick clean up and then start
    the bedtime routine (brush teeth, pajamas, book, pray, night music, hugs kisses and lights out by
    8:30).

4. Three things that I would like for my next birthday gift:
    -A gift certificate towards a facial.
    -50 shopping spree (you can get a lot of clothes at a second hand store!)
    -Books books books!!

5. My ideal day looks like:
   
    -Wake up at 5 and read scriptures/heavenly journal for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes of                   meditation/prayer.
    -6:00-6:30 exercise
    7:30/8 Breakfast/family prayer-scriptures
    Body Code session while William is sleeping- older kids have free play time.
    10-11 ish School work
    12 lunch
    1-3 Quiet time (nap for me or reading a book)
    3-5 quality time with the kids (pool, watch a movie together, books, park...etc).
    6 Dinner
    7:30 cleanup/get ready for bedtime

6. If money and time were no object, I would fly to visit one of my dearest bestest friends EVER,
    Breeana Steinagel. We haven't seen each other in two years when I flew out to Utah for Education      Week and we spent the day together at The Lagoon. It would be so fun to just spend a weekend            with her. I actually did that about 4 years ago when she lived in Tennessee (we were living in Texas    at the time). I actually hope to be able to do this before December this year (due with baby number      5 so it'll only get harder to do if I wait).

7. Preparing for Christmas this year will have to be way different than in the past (where we would         literally buy gifts a day or so before Christmas. Little kids are so easy to shop for!)
    Baby will be born, hopefully, the beginning of December and I would like to stay home with baby       as much as possible so getting all shopping done in November will be a must. I am thankful that
    Christmas shopping has never been stressful for me. I feel sad when I hear people stressed out             during the Christmas season. Maybe I'll understand that when the kids are older?

8. If I could do yesterday over again, this is what I would do differently:
    Wear SHORTS and bring a water bottle for the kids. We went to a back to school party at the park
    ON THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE SUMMER and we were a hot mess...literally. I felt so bad for
    William... his little face was so red and he was pretty miserable. He was covered in the stroller but       even the shade didn't help much... a spray water bottle would have also been a good idea to keep         him cool. He woke up today with a fever and I wouldn't be surprised if it was from the heat                 yesterday. Darn it. :( P.S. I totally get why girls wear BOOTY SHORTS during the summer. Man..
    wearing pants is ruff sometimes...

9. If I could retake a class again in my high school days, I'd stick through guitar class. I actually got
    an A the first semester but I didn't want to continue the class. The teacher was pretty bummed I           was dropping out. I love the guitar and probably could have gotten fairly decent at it.
   
10.One thing I can do this week to improve our financial situation is to NOT EAT OUT. We have
   always struggled in that area... I don't even want to know how much money we have wasted by
   eating out. Once a week wouldn't be so bad but 2/3 times is (in our case, anyways).
   Like last summer, Wendy's has come out with 50 cent small frostys...ahhh!! Heaven help us!






   

   
   
   

1 comment:

  1. I love to read Goals! You can do it! What ever you want to to believe in yourselve that you can do it....

    ReplyDelete