Monday, July 31, 2017

1. In improving self discipline the area I need to work on most is CONSISTENCY.

    -"Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently."
    -"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood
       you said it in has left you."
    -"Hard work without consistency will lead you nowhere."

2. One book that I would like to read before the END OF AUGUST is How to Win Friends and
    Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It has been on my to-read list for years. I started reading it
    a couple weeks ago but fizzled out (not that it's not good, because it is GREAT, just that I have a
    hard time sticking to "how to" books, whereas I can read a romantic novel in a day).

3. If I had a $100 gift card to spend anywhere, I would buy BOOKS! I am kind of a book addict. :)
    Speaking of books...
    A friend of mine tagged me in FB post today and it really was, yet again, an answer to prayer.
    School starts for all the kids in our neighborhood on Tuesday and I started playing the head game,       "well maybe the kids should go to school this year...or maybe for the second semester after baby         comes..??" I am ALWAYS going back and forth in my head about it, even though I have already         received a million answers that our family is to home school. I flat out can not deny anymore that
    that is what we are supposed to do and I just need to gladly accept that. Anyway, my friend shared
    three books that she has recently read and I am so looking forward to reading them!
    The Unhurried Homeschooler
    Called Home 
    Teaching from Rest: A homeschooler's guide to unshakable peace 
   
4. One thing I can do today to improve my health is to not over eat. I have been following the Weigh
    Down Diet since January and stopping when pleasantly full is the part I struggle with the most.
    I have learned that snacking all of the time just makes my body feel yucky and that it really really
    appreciates it when I give my body time to digest food. Over eating just feels so yucky now.

5. Top three priorities in my life right now:
    1. Exercising my spiritual muscles.
    2. Home schooling my kids
    3. Just really enjoying the phase in life that I am in because pretty soon we'll all be going through
        an adjustment period, yet again, when baby number 5 comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment