Sunday, November 26, 2017

I AM PREGNANT!!

This would be new news if I had written about this 9 months ago but considering that baby is "due" in about a week and a half...it's old (but still exciting!) news. haha

A few months after William was born, I had a birth control appointment set up one day and the day before I felt VERY STRONGLY that I shouldn't go to it... ok?? I also felt that we'd have a baby "sooner than later" but still wanted to try Natural Family Planning (watching when I ovulate and "work" around that) for the time being. Long story short... I was a week late with my period and I took a pregnancy test. Low and behold it was positive. I was in complete shock! Again!? So soon!?? Justin happened to call me from work 30 seconds (literally!) after I took the test and I just had to tell him. Usually I like to come up with a cute way to tell him but I was so in shock that I just blurted out the news. Justin was thrilled! That's one of the things I love most about Justin is that he is NEVER angry or upset in any way when I get pregnant. He welcomes each child with wide open arms.

Usually I wait until after 10+ weeks to announce to the world (make it facebook official) but this time I wanted to announce early, at 7 weeks, or so I thought. I ended up having a doctors appointment a few weeks later and the ultrasound set baby at 10 weeks, not 12 weeks, so when I announced baby was only 5 weeks. haha! 

Just like we did with William, we did not find out the gender. I LOVE the suspense and not knowing. I wish everyone would do that *at least once.* I am 100% split down the middle on what I think baby is... I really don't have a feeling either way. If baby is a girl, we will name her Mia Mae and if baby is a boy we'll name him Adam Rae.

The early ultrasound AND 20 week ultrasound both set the due date as December 6th....which is just around the corner!! I would love for baby to come early but not too early... Since we have a November baby (Max) and a January baby (Kyra), we've gotta have a December baby, right?! That means that I and baby need to hang in there for at least 5 more days. Sigh... that in and of itself feels like an eternity away. I am at the point in pregnancy where time is ticking by SO SLOWLY.

As ready as I am physically to have the baby and welcome this new little life into our home, I am also trying my best to enjoy that time that we have now before everything changes once again. I am nervous to see how William will do with the change... babies will only be 15 months apart (if baby comes after December 2nd). The closest we've had kids together was Kyra and Ethan and they were 16 1/2 months apart so hard to imagine these two being even closer! I mourn that William won't be the baby anymore... I hope I don't see him as older than he really is. I did that with Kyra (not realizing it at the time) and it was so unfair to her. I didn't treat her like a baby herself but like a 3 year old. :(

I feel very blessed to have easy pregnancies. My only complaint this pregnancy is dealing with restless leg syndrome... nothing that I have tried to releave it has helped. I've resorted to getting help at night with sleepy medicine to fall asleep, otherwise I will be up for HOURS before finally falling asleep. Oh...and my other "only" complaint is that I have to pee every 30 minutes to an hour...whether I drink a lot of water before bed or not. My body feels that it is NECESSARY to drain EVERY...LAST...OUNCE during the night... I am already sleep deprived before baby comes. :/
Other than that though, I really do feel blessed with easy pregnancies and I am SO THANKFUL that my pelvic area hasn't been as painful as it was with last pregnancy. It's started to hurt towards the end but not anywhere near as it was with William.

We will be having another home birth but this time we have a midwife AND two doulas (one is in training). I am so so excited! I'll get to have the type of birth I have ALWAYS wanted. Oh! And if it all works out, I'll also have a birth photographer there. :-D At first we were going to use a birth center because our insurance covers it but it's an hour away and I did not feel like driving an hour to and from for appointments and when it came time for birth so we mustered up some big faith and paid out of pocket for a midwife who is only 25 minutes away. Worth every penny. :)



I got extra lucky this pregnancy because one of my dearest friends is a professional photographer was able to take some pictures for me. She lives in Georgia and originally I was going to drive down there to get my pictures taken but that's 7 hours away and making a long trip like that towards the end wouldn't have been so fun... she and her kids ended up taking a trip to visit her sister in Illinois and lucky for me, their path took them right through where we live!! Be sure to check our her facebook page. I LOVE the work that she does! https://www.facebook.com/maidenmusgrove/ Baby was 29 weeks when these pictures were taken. 

Stay tuned for the birth story. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment