Monday, December 18, 2017

Adam Rey's Simple and Sweet Birth Story

Early Sunday morning, December 10th, I woke up to some contractions and had a feeling that they were different than the braxton hicks that I had been feeling for the past couple of weeks. I didn't want to jump the gun and get too excited just in case it ended up being another day without baby coming but considering that I would get them a few times an hour before church started...I couldn't help but hope! We went to church as usual and it was interesting to have contractions and act like everything was just fine and dandy.
By 3:48 pm (to be exact) I started to time my contractions. I had never done that before so it was kind of fun (if you can say that??) to see the pattern of when and how long they would be. Thankfully the contractions would average about 40 seconds (instead of 60) and come every 5/10 minutes.
I pulled out my journal and read birth affirmations for about 30 minutes. It seemed to actually help quite a bit!

The boys went to bed around 7:30 pm and Kyra stayed up to help out.
At 9:00 pm I sent a text to my midwife, Heather, to let her know that it was probably time for her and the team to head on over. I also let our birth photographer, Amy, know that she should be there by 10:30 pm. Amy felt prompted to leave right away. If she had listened to me, she'd have missed the birth!
Everyone arrived at the same time (9:30) and in my head, baby came five minutes later (in reality it was 40 minutes). I'm pretty sure I only pushed twice with him. It was incredible to let my body just do what it needed to do.

Justin woke Max and Ethan up around 10 so the three older kids were there when Adam was born. I'm glad that William stayed asleep through the whole thing.
Adam Rey was born at 10:04 and weighed 9 lbs and 11 oz. We are so happy that he is finally here!! Four out of five kids have been born on a Sunday. I find that really neat!





I am so very thankful to have finally been able to have my dream home birth come true. 

Midwife-CHECK

Doula-CHECK
Birth Photographer-CHECK

At home-CHECK
Perfect healthy baby-CHECK CHECK CHECK











No comments:

Post a Comment